The Wailuku law office of Poelman & Langa assists individuals and businesses throughout Maui with bankruptcy, personal injury, insurance defense, business law, estate planning, and mediation and arbitration matters. For the full scope of services the firm provides, please visit our practice areas overview.
To ensure that each client receives the highest quality legal representation, firm co-founders Lloyd A. Poelman and Sanford J. Langa remain selective in the cases they take on, frequently drawing on referrals from attorneys and satisfied former clients. Past and current clients range from large companies such as Safeway Inc. and the Maui Electric Company, to a range of local businesses and community organizations. Our wealth of trial experience encompasses numerous noteworthy cases, including:
- Durette v. Aloha Plastic Recycling, inc., (2004), which has been cited over 70 times in treatises and in state and federal court appeals, trial court motions, and proposed jury instructions.
- Aspinwall v. Tanaka, (1993)
- Merl v. Kong, (2008)
- Ferrell v. Douglas, (2005)
- Local Motion, Inc. v. Niescher, (2005)
- Biscoe v. Tanaka, (1994)
- Danielson v. Tanaka, (1993)
- Lundburg v. Stinson, (1985)
- Hana Ranch, Inc. v. Kanakaole, (1983)
- Hana Ranch, Inc. v Kanakaole, (1981)
- Guaschino v. Eucalyptus, Inc., (1983)
- Haines, Jones, Farrell, White, Gima Architects, Ltd. v. Maalaea Land Corp., (1980)
- Estate of Robert Stafford Spencer, Deceased, (1979)
- Neary v. Martin, (1977)
See the Attorney Profiles for a more exhaustive list of reported cases.
Whether you are a sophisticated corporate enterprise or an individual encountering your first need for legal services, you will find our attorneys, staff, and office setting comfortable, approachable, and focused on providing you competent, professional representation that meets your particular needs. To learn how our attorneys can assist you or your organization, contact Poelman & Langa, Attorneys at Law today.